Saturday 21 July 2012

Keep Calm and Go Swimming

In a weeks time, I'm headed out to see my parents who have moved to Doha.
They have a new house, with a pool (lucky them)

However, the pool is overlooked by other villas and I'm going to be out there during Ramadan. It's 40+ degrees and the likelihood is, I won't be out for a tan.

So, I've been trying to find a one-piece. I can't find ANY in the local shops, it's all bikinis or swimsuits that I will drown in because of the sheer size. There aren't even any in the sports shops... So back to the trusty internet.




Asos.com





 New Look







 Topshop




My other issue is - I'm kinda picky. If I'm going for a one-piece, I don't really want a halter-neck or strapless, I want patterns to be subtle and because I'm petite I'm not too fussed about having any plunging neck or back lines...

So basically I want a really simple, really practical swimsuit that looks pretty close up...
Which is harder to find then I thought it would be.

So - creative fingers at the ready! I did some research to give me some ideas for making my own...



I love, love LOVE the sailor one in the middle, but my skills aren't there yet...at all...
I also love the striped one, with a solid band around the waist. Drawing attention to the waist is a brilliant way to make a one-piece slimming and sexy without exposing skin.



Thus armed with this:







 I have made, this:








 One subtle, galaxy style simple swimsuit. Cool






















 ps I know the photos aren't that good, I'm working on it :)









1 comment: