Thursday 6 September 2012

Those who tell the stories, rule the people

I've been glancing at the trends for autumn/winter and I've seen some of the usual cropping up again: oversize, layering and military. A few new ones like cobalt and the orient.

But, I admit I'm not one for following trends and am fully on board with Peruvian and Navajo styles. Not the 'tribal' standard stuff that was all over the high street in summer; rather the fashions that took the colours and other characteristics to channel the spirit.

I have a beautiful bit of Peruvian style fabric which I want to use, so I've been looking for items to inspire me










 Menswear:












Womenswear:















The depth and quality of the colours always leaves me reeling. I think their traditional costumes are beautiful, and it will definitely influence future designs.
















No comments:

Post a Comment